BookRenter’s Dream Big Contest
- Total Awards to be paid: $6,250
Not a member yet?Join
About this contest
So tell us, what’s become of all that cash? We want to hear from you students who have used (or would use) their textbook savings to do something extra memorable. Something from your bucket list perhaps. What creative things would you do (or have you done) to make the money matter? From skydiving to ukulele classes to flying back home and having bourbon shots with your grandpa, make a short video or take an awe inspiring photo showing us how you made (or would make) it count.
Here’s a brief checklist to go through before submitting your photo or video:
Are you asking yourself - “What if?”
Are you daydreaming about the endless possibilities waiting for you?
Is the video you’re about to create already playing in your head?
Is your heart racing?
Hit the ground running.
- Video Length: 30-60 seconds
- Video messaging requirement: Must end with BookRenter logo slate and/or end slate (provided in materials download) featuring the tagline: BookRenter - Save on Textbooks. Spend on Dreams.
- Use of hash tag #DreamBig in submissions (photo or video)
- Content must be appropriate for PG-13 audiences, so while interesting to college students, also brand friendly.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Must be 18 or older to submit material to contest.
- We’ll accept any format of video or photo, but the higher quality submissions will be more seriously considered for the grand prize winners.
Accepted Video Formats: asf, avi, dvd, flv, mp4, psp, mjpeg, mov, mpeg, mpegts, mpeg2video, rm, svcd, vcd, vob, 3gp, 3g2
Accepted Video Codecs: flv, huffyuv, h264, h263, mjpeg, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpeg4, qtrle, rv20, svq3, wmv1, wmv2, xvid
Accepted Print Formats: jpg, png, gif
BookRenter’s Client Award Winners will be determined based on:
- Originality (Have we ever seen it before?? We sure hope not!)
- Level of engagement (Does it make you want to run out and *do* something awesome?)
- Capturing the voice of a college student (Very important)
- Production value (Is it in focus?)
Special terms for this contest
All material submitted becomes the sole property of BookRenter and will not be returned. BookRenter reserves the right to (a) reproduce/distribute all entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity, (b) alter, amend, edit or change entries prior to distribution and (c) use, distribute, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright entries for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants do not retain any ownership of or copyright in any Contest submissions. BookRenter and Zooppa are not under any obligation to use submitted content. You may not resubmit content that was not chosen for an award for another use, brand, or contest. Information disclosed here is not submitted in confidence and BookRenter assumes no obligation by considering it. You understand and agree that BookRenter has many resources, both internal and external, which may have developed or may develop information identical or similar to that disclosed to us here. All comments, offers, suggestions, ideas, recipes, concepts, artwork or other information ("Submissions") disclosed to us using this site or in response to solicitations on this site are the property of BookRenter, including its business units, divisions and wholly-owned subsidiaries. Without limitation, BookRenter shall exclusively own all rights, known or hereafter existing, to the Submissions and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of same for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the submitter. BookRenter will accept Submissions only on these terms.