Old El Paso: The Crave Campaign
Not a member yet?Join
About this contest
Old El Paso is on a mission to make the best tasting Mexican food. They offer a wide variety of delicious products ranging from crunchy taco shells and soft tortillas to creamy refried beans, bold seasoning and flavorful sauces of the highest quality. Through their tasty products and delicious Mexican food ideas, they bring inspiration back to the weekday dinner routine so that everyone comes running to the table.
Create a 15 second video ad and/or a rich content banner ad that drives home the message that Old El Paso is the most crave-able meal. Make your ads exuberant, creative, passionate, and down-to-earth.
1: Pick one of the two themes below:
- "Old El Paso Mexican night is about much more than the food. From the fresh ingredients to the variety of textures and color, and the lively rhythm that takes over your kitchen… everyone seasons, chops, stirs and digs into the flavorful experience around the table. Embrace all that’s fresh and vibrant about Mexican food with Old El Paso." •
- "There is just something irresistible about Mexican food. You can almost taste the bold Mexican flavor long before taking that first bite, and the more you think about it, the hungrier you get. Only Old El Paso provides exactly what you need to satisfy your craving."
- The Quality: Old El Paso’s mission is to make the best tasting, highest quality Mexican food. Their seasoning now has an improved blend of Mexican spices, their refried beans are now tastier and have the perfect texture with more whole beans, and they’ve transformed the tortillas. And the Old El Paso mission continues...
- 100's of Inspirational Food Ideas: Feel like you’re making the same old thing night after night? Old El Paso can help with a little bit of inspiration. Only Old El Paso offers delicious Mexican food ideas that turn ordinary chicken or beef into an extraordinary Mexican meal. From double-layer tacos to chile-chicken quesadillas, you can find hundreds of craveable Mexican food ideas on OldElPaso.com.
- Vast Product Portfolio: The Old El Paso Mexican product line is your one-stop shop to get what you need to make Mexican happen tonight. From crisp taco shells and soft tortillas to the sauces and sides that complete the meal, Old El Paso has it all.
You are encouraged to submit both types of media for both of the themes. Make a campaign out of it! We'd love to see how you adapt each of the themes to the two different media types. The possibility is there for you to win all of the prizes! There are special awards for the best submission for each theme in each media category. Check out the awards section for details.
We're looking for broadcast quality content, so pay close attention to your production values, and use top-notch picture quality, lighting and sound.
- Video ads must be 15 secs exactly
- Must include visuals and/or verbal description of highly hedonic (craveable) Mexican food. For your convenience, some photos and graphics are available in the materials downloads to use, though you are welcome to create your own.
- Must use Old El Paso logo available in Materials downloads, and include a tagline of your own creation
- Each person featured in your submission must fill out the release form in the materials downloads, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org at time of upload. Please include "Old El Paso Release Forms" in the subject line and include the title of your piece and your username in the body of email
- *Video files/formats listed in tech requirements are acceptable for upload to Zooppa and viewing. Winner(s) will be asked to supply “Uncompressed QT” or ProRes to ensure final deliverable is “broadcast ready”*
To award the “Client Awards” a judging panel comprised of Old El Paso representatives will review all eligible entries/videos based on the following criteria: strength of message and linkage to brand (50%), production value (25%), creativity in messaging (25%). The decisions of the judging panel shall determine the winners of “Client Awards.” This is a skill based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
- The purpose of these ads is to drive the frequency of Old El Paso Mexican meals
- The target demographic are Millennial moms, born 1977-1994. Millennial Moms prioritize their families and take on 110%. Success as a Mom is defined by creating memories (enjoying interactive connections like cooking) and being present in her children’s lives. Millennial Moms are the primary meal-maker and dinner time is often rushed. Practicality leads them to stick to go-to dinners and provide variety by slightly altering current meals. They eat and seek out global flavors via the internet and from friends.
- Winners may have the possibility of their ads being used on TV and/or the web, or you may get co-production credit and the chance to work with Old El Paso on the Crave campaign.