Superpages Mobile Video Contest
Not a member yet?Join
About this contest
It has a user-friendly design and functionality that features a wheel at its center. This interface provides a novel and much simpler way for consumers to search for local businesses. When you need reliable local information like phone numbers, directions, gas prices, deals, movie times or even weather, it’s easy and kind of fun to find. There are several search options too…you can search by spinning the wheel, pressing a button to simply speak the business name or what you are looking for, or you can search the ‘old school’ way by typing in a description. Even more exciting, our newest feature allows you to ‘shake out’ the least relevant results – by simply shaking the phone itself – and keeping the results that match closest to their search criteria. All this, in an app that can be downloaded for FREE.
Now that you know all about the interesting and easy to use features, we want you to show us the app in action. Help show the world how fun and easy this app is by showing how a funny or unique situation was resolved when using the app.
To get a better feel for the app, download it at the iTunes App Store, Google Play or Amazon.
We’re not looking for commercials, or ads about the Superpages company. We are looking for fun, engaging and interesting stories told through video about the app solving a funny, unique, and engaging situation. Take us through a person’s journey with the app. Make it a crucial plot point in a romantic comedy. Make it the key to solving a mysterious crime. Maybe it’s the only thing that gets you through your interview for a tour guide job.
We are looking for videos that are entertaining, interesting and make the viewer curious enough about the app that they’ll download and use it. It can be as quirky and outlandish as the “Messin’ with Sasquatch” story line from Jack Links Beef Jerky or as heartfelt as a Hallmark commercial. Whatever resonates and makes the viewer want to look for the Superpages App in their app store.
- Video length up to a maximum of 180 seconds (shorter is also ok, minimum 60 seconds).
- You can use the Superpages logo in your video, but it is not a requirement.
- An end card is available in this Contest's "Materials" tab. This end card is optional and does not have to be included in your submission. If you do choose to include the end frame, it must appear at the conclusion of your video and play through to completion.
- Filming in HD is preferred, but not required.
- All music, images, video footage and other content must be either originally produced by the filmmaker submitting the video, or proper permissions must be authorized by the copyright owner. Proper permissions must include the right for the filmmaker to use the content commercially.
- You must provide a signed release from each person whose name, voice, or likeness (still photograph or video performance) appears in your video. When the individual is a minor (under 18 years of age), the release must be signed by a legal guardian. The release must be in the form of the Performance Consent and Release form found in the “Materials” tab. Forms must be sent to email@example.com at the time of upload with your username, title of video, and Contest title all noted in the subject line. Zooppa reserves the right to disqualify submissions from the competition for failure to comply with these requirements.
- Videos must be submitted no later than January 16, 2013 at 4 pm PST for consideration.
The winners will be announced on February 4, 2013 (UPDATE: DELAYED TO FEB. 6, 2013.) Select videos may be featured on Superpages.com® or on Superpages’ and/or SuperMedia’s online social media properties.
Special terms for this contest
All material submitted becomes the sole property of SuperMedia and will not be returned. Notwithstanding anything in the Submission Agreement, no Use Fee (as defined therein) will be paid for a non-winning Entry. SuperMedia reserves the right to (a) reproduce/distribute all Entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity, (b) alter, amend, edit or change an Entry prior to distribution and (c) use, distribute, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright an Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants do not retain any ownership of or copyright in any Entry. SuperMedia and Zooppa are not under any obligation to use submitted content. You may not resubmit content that was not chosen for an award for another use, brand, or contest.
Information disclosed here is not submitted in confidence and SuperMedia assumes no obligation by considering it. You understand and agree that SuperMedia has many resources, both internal and external, which may have developed or may develop information identical or similar to that disclosed to us here. All comments, offers, suggestions, ideas, recipes, concepts, artwork or other information ("Submissions") disclosed to us using this site or in response to solicitations on this site are the property of SuperMedia, including its business units, divisions and wholly-owned subsidiaries. Without limitation, SuperMedia shall exclusively own all rights, known or hereafter existing, to the Entries and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of same for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the Entrant. SuperMedia will accept Entries only on these terms.