allrecipes: Firehouse Cooks
Not a member yet?Join
About this contest
America’s fire stations often are examples of family cooking at its best. Camaraderie, friendship, and more. Absolutely, positively, you won’t get away with cooking bad food at a fire station. At most firehouses, cooking responsibilities rotate among the firefighters, and it’s a duty taken so seriously, it is sometimes a part of the training. From straight-up meals like beef stew, chili, and meatloaf to sandwiches and surf-and-turf (hotdogs and tuna), you’ll find it all here. These videos will offer a behind-the-scenes look at how firefighters live, cook, and eat when they’re not fighting fires or saving lives.
The video can be from two to six minutes, just make sure you take enough time to show a whole recipe being made.
Make it with these words in mind: friendly, family, inspirational, and humorous.
- Firehouse Cooks logo bumper at beginning for 3 seconds.
- An Allrecipes Production end bumper for 5 seconds.
- Stick closely to the format and content in the provided video. Where possible, show the camaraderie and fun at the dinner table once food is made.
- 2-6 minutes in length.
- Submissions must be in English, no subtitles.
- Try to avoid showing third party logos
- Upload an under 100mb submission to Zooppa, and at time of upload, also send a high-res version of the file (up to 300mb, 1920x1080, .mov or m4v.) to email@example.com via wetransfer.com.
This should be a documentary style piece featuring actual firefighters hard at work cooking for their crew. This is a great chance on Zooppa to create some editorial content that isn't about selling a product.
Remember, the Allrecipes brand is about “what are you making for dinner on a Wednesday night”. No “high- brow” recipes or anything gourmet. Just good old regular cooking.
At the Close of the contest, there will be a 2 day grace period where Zooppa will reach out to filmmakers to correct minor errors to remain eligible for the competition. Also, in the 7 days following contest close, allrecipes will pick their 20 favorite videos, all 20 guaranteed to win an award. Zooppa will send suggestions from allrecipes to the filmmaker for revisions to make to their film. These revisions are optional, but making them could increase your odds of a larger prize. After another 7 days, once revisions are made and sent to Zooppa, allrecipes will decide the order of the prizes.
There is potential for filmmakers in this contest to get additional work from Allrecipes. If they are impressed by your work, they would love to be able to offer you future assignments!