Chevron: AIDS is Going to Lose Video Contest
Not a member yet?Join
All music, images, video footage and other content must be either originally produced by the person uploading the contest entry, or proper permissions must be authorized by the copyright owner. Proper permissions must include the right for the contest entry uploader to use the content in a commercial venture. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the contest entry uploader to ensure that all permissions are in place for use of actors' and/or models’ likenesses.
- Video length up to a maximum of 300 seconds (shorter is also ok, minimum 60 seconds).
- For this project, Chevron is looking for contributions from around the world. Videos may be in any language. If your video is not in English please provide BOTH:
- A version without subtitles and an English-language transcript translation so that we may add subtitles,
- A version with subtitles.
- Include an English-language text transcript of all spoken content in your video. Send to email@example.com with your username, title of your video, and contest name all noted in the subject line.
- Do NOT mention Chevron in your video, and do NOT use any Chevron branding in your film. Make it YOUR film, YOUR story, both in content and style.
- An end card is now available in this contest's "Materials" tab. The end card will explain that your video was entered into a Zooppa contest sponsored by Chevron and why Chevron sponsored the contest. Your video must use the end card provided in your final submission. Use either the black text on a white background or the white text on a black background depending on which version better suits the style of your video. You need to only use one version. This two-part end card animation must appear at the conclusion of your video and play through to completion. If your video includes credits, please display the end card at the conclusion of your credits.
- Your video should be shot in HD.
- All music, images, video footage and other content must be either originally produced by the filmmaker submitting the video, or proper permissions must be authorized by the copyright owner. Proper permissions must include the right for the filmmaker to use the content commercially.
- You must provide a signed release from each person whose name, voice, or likeness (still photograph or video performance) appears in your video. When the individual is a minor (under 18 years of age), the release must be signed by a legal guardian. The release must be in the form of the Performance Consent and Release form found in the “Materials” tab. Forms must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of upload with your username, title of video, and contest title all noted in the subject line. Zooppa reserves the right to disqualify submissions from the competition for failure to comply with these requirements.
- Videos must be submitted no later than October 29, 2012 at 4pm PST for consideration.
- This contest will be moderated. Before your video appears live, it will be checked to make sure it fulfills all requirements of the brief, including receipt of all documents, (Performer Consent and Release forms, English transcript)
Your Entry Will Become the Property of Chevron.
All materials (“entry” or “entries” or “materials”) you submit in this Contest become the sole property of Chevron and will not be returned. By submitting any materials in the Contest, you assign copyright in such materials to Chevron, and agree to take further steps, and execute further documents, reasonably required to confirm such copyright assignment. Chevron shall have all rights that are afforded to a copyright owner in such materials, including but not limited to the rights to: (a) reproduce, distribute copy, display, and perform all entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity; (b) alter, amend, edit or change entries at any time; and (c) register the copyright for all entries. Chevron may exercise all of the foregoing rights for purposes of advertising and trade, and for any other lawful purpose, without further compensation to you. Neither Chevron nor Zooppa is under any obligation to use entries. You may not submit any entry (regardless of whether it is chosen for an award in this Contest) in any other contest, or make any further use of it for any purpose.
All comments, offers, suggestions, ideas, recipes, concepts, inventions, or other information (“information and ideas”) that you disclose in any entry, or in connection with any entry, are not submitted in confidence. Chevron assumes no obligation to you by considering them or using them (either as part of an entry or otherwise). By entering into the Contest, you agree to assign to Chevron your entire right, title, and interest in such information and ideas.
The foregoing provisions supersede any other words to the contrary in any part of Zooppa’s website, including but not limited to the Contest Submission Agreement; Zooppa.com, Inc. Contest Official Rules; Zooppa.com, Inc. Content Submission Rules for Contests; and Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, it is specifically agreed that Sections 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the Contest Submission Agreement are entirely superseded by the foregoing provisions and shall be of no force or effect with respect to this Contest.”
|Formats||asf, avi, dvd, flv, mp4, psp, mjpeg, mov, mpeg, mpegts, mpeg2video, rm, svcd, vcd, vob, 3gp, 3g2|
|Codecs||flv, huffyuv, h264, h263, mjpeg, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpeg4, qtrle, rv20, svq3, wmv1, wmv2, xvid|
|Max length||300 seconds|
To participate in this Zooppa contest, you must comply with the rules of this brief, and with the general contest rules, which can be found in the Membership Obligations, and in the Submission Agreement. Please note that in order to win a prize, you will be required to affirm, via Zooppa’s Submission Process, that all content in your entry is your original work, is in the public domain, or is used with the proper permissions of the copyright owner, and does not violate the publicity or privacy rights of any person. Proper permissions must include the right for the contest entry submitter to use the content in a commercial venture. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the contest entry submitter to ensure that all permissions are in place for use of actors' and/or models’ likenesses. The unlicensed use of another person’s copyright, publicity or privacy rights could disqualify your contest entry. This includes the use of video footage, images, photographs, animation, still or motion graphics, music, sound effects, fonts and in some cases trademarks unless provided by the contest sponsor.