Pause to Support a Cause
- Total Awards to be paid: $19,500
Not a member yet?Join
About this contest
The Grand Jury Prize: A Once in a Lifetime Trip to Africa
One grand prize winner and a guest will receive a trip to Africa ($6,000 value) to contribute to charitable efforts in the field, while being introduced to tribal customs, encountering spectacular wildlife, and engaging in an unparalleled social and educational experience with the Lifeline Energy Foundation.
The Jury Prize: A Trip to New York City and Portfolio Review
Two runners up will each receive a trip to New York ($1750 value) and an opportunity to showcase their portfolio in front of the creative heads of some of the largest advertising and media companies in North America.
Grand prize winners will be selected by a Jury made up of leading minds on marketing & social media from industry & academia:
- Keith Adler, Director of Graduate Studies, Michigan State University, College of Communication Arts and Sciences
- Chris Brogan, President New Marketing Labs and Co-Author of New York Times Best-Seller "Trust Agents"
- Leeza Gibbons, Television and Radio Host
- Patricia Goldman, Chief Marketing Officer, March of Dimes
- Jeffrey Hayzlett, Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company
- Christine Heckart, General Manager of Marketing for the TV, Video & Music Business at Microsoft Corporation
- Kay Keenan, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Eric Lent, Vice President, Global Marketing Excellence and Strategy at The Hershey Company
- Kristen O'Hara, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Time Warner Digital Media Group
- Chris Pirillo, CEO, Lockergnome, Video producer and Creator of Gnomedex
- Amy Presley, Chief Marketing Officer, Chronicle of Philanthropy and Chronicle of Higher Education
- Eric Roberts, Actor
- Chris Stephenson, Chief Marketing Officer, Interscope // Geffen // A&M at Universal Music
- Charlie Todd, Founder of Improv Everywhere
- Sandra Zoratti, Vice President, Global Marketing Solutions at InfoPrint Solutions Company, a joint venture of IBM and Ricoh
Zooppa and Community Awards
Zooppa staff and the Zooppa community will award over $10,000 of merchandise from CDW, a reseller of computer, camera, software and technology products.
Awesome Bonus! Promotion of the Best Work:
The best work will be showcased at the CMO Council’s Global Summit meeting in February of 2010, and featured in an online gallery on their website.
Additionally, every entrant qualifies for the selection and inclusion of their work in a new online Non-Profit Creative Sourcing Center (on the Pause to Support a Cause web site) that will connect you with causes seeking to better present and take their public service messages to donors worldwide. The CMO Council will also feature and promote the Creative Sourcing Center on their affiliate websites.
How To Get Started
- Sign up to join the Zooppa Creative Community
- After signing up, you can read the creative brief and download the materials
- Create a video and/or a print Public Service Announcement, or PSA, promoting Pause to Support a Cause
- Upload your work soon
- Increase your chances of winning by promoting your work through your social networks, and getting your friends and family to vote
- The Grand Jury and Jury Prizes are awarded by the Jury selection committee, the PSA's with the most votes are awarded community prizes!