UW Pocket Media Film Festival
- Total Awards to be paid: Special Prizes
- Upload Until:
- May 29, 2009 11:59pm PST
- Videos: 33
- Concepts: 0
Not a member yet?Join
About this contest
UW Pocket Media Film Festival
Note: This competition is open only to UW students, faculty ,alumni and staff, however all of the Zooppa community is encouraged to vote and comment.
“What do U do at UW?”
Are you out to change the world, go hang gliding, study ducks, fight for social justice, or just hang out? Can you tell the story in 90 seconds? The University of Washington is opening a video competition to the UW community (students, faculty, staff and alumni) to learn more your unique interests through the exciting format of pocket media. It is your chance to show in a creative, artistic, or funny way what you really do at UW!
So, how does it work? Shoot your engaging, exciting story in a 90 second video using a camera that fits in your pocket. Upload it to Zooppa, vote and comment on other videos, and compete for wonderful prizes. In addition to “People’s Choice Award” from the voting at zooppa.com, a panel of judges will review the official selections on the basis of content, production value, artistic content, originality, and use of the purple W.
Just three little things to keep in mind:
Videos must be shot in a recording device that fits in a pocket, such as a mini HD camcorder, digital camera, or mobile phone; a purple “W” should appear at some point in the film; and participants must provide credits for music, pictures and other utilized materials. There is no charge for participation, and films in any language are welcome. Non-English languages films need to have English subtitles.
Steps to upload your video:
1. Go to www.uwpocketmedia.org
2. Click on the top tab "Submit your film!"*
3. Read the UW Submission Agreement and click on “I agree”.
*After completing step 3, you will automatically get your Promo Code to participate in the competition, and you will be directed to www.zooppa.com*
4. Click on “Sign up” on the top of the page.
5. Enter your username, e-mail, password, birth year, and accept Zooppa Terms and Conditions.
6. Verify your e-mail and click on the link in the first e-mail to confirm the creation of your account.
*After completing step 6, you will receive a second e-mail informing that your registration is complete and you will be redirected to your account on Zooppa*
7. Click on the top tab “My Profile” and then on “Edit Profile” and “Account”.
8. Enter your Promo Code and “Save”.
9. Click on the top tab "Competitions"*
10. Click on "UW Pocket Media Film Festival"*
11. Click on "Upload"
12. Enter your video information and include credits in the “Description” section.
13. Upload your video and a thumbnail image (optional).
*You will receive a third e-mail informing that your video was uploaded and it is encoding*
*You will receive a fourth e-mail informing that your video was published*
And the PRIZES:
(Determined by the community)
• People’s Choice Award = iPod nano
(Determined by a panel of judges)
• Grand prize = Two full series passes to the Seattle International Film Festival
• Honorable Mention = Apple Final Cut Express Editing Software
• Honorable Mention = Flip MinoHD camera
• Honorable Mention = iPod touch