Zooppa is the world's largest social network for user-generated advertising. We launch and manage user-generated advertising campaigns for leading brands powered by our international community of creative filmmakers, digital artists and interactive producers. By the end of 2010, our community will be 100,000 strong and has already created work for Google, Nike, Mini Cooper, Hershey's, Microsoft, Sony, Hasbro, and many more.
Our core promise to our community and our clients is to be a thought leader in creativity, social media, online video and the interactive arts, and the crowdsourcing movement.
The opportunities below require interest in one or more of these fields and a commitment to challenge yourself to understand and embrace new concepts and rapid change within a field with a level of high ambiguity and unknowns.
They also require you to be an awesome person that loves engaging in conversations about viral videos, time travel and ninjas. If you have incredible creative talents you're probably not going to find a more free and receptive crew to those talents than the Zooppa team.
Zooppa.com is the leader in crowdsourced advertising, and a pioneer in social media. We are not a social media marketing service; we provide a social media marketing product. Zooppa is an international startup that works with international brands like Google, Nike, Samsung, AT&T, Warner Brothers, etc. to stage online video competitions. The Senior Developer position would be based in downtown Seattle.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to help us take our product to the next level. Over the next year, we will be completely redesigning our platform and bringing a new version of our product to new markets; we’re looking for a Ruby Developer to help us hone and realize our vision.
The Senior Developer will create and support web applications, services, and utilities for internal and external customers. Participate in all parts of the product development cycle, from inception to final delivery; providing developmental coding as well as advice, and expertise along the way to final implementation. Zooppa developers integrate with every department in the company. The Senior Developer will work under variable delivery time frames, from very short turn around to longer term, large-scale efforts.
- Architecture and development talent
- 5+ years web development experience (PHP, Java, Python)
- 3+ years Ruby / Ruby On Rails development experience
- Experience with other Ruby frameworks (Sinatra, Rack)
- Experience scaling a website
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Knowledge of a functional programming language (Eriang, Haskell, Ocami, Lisp, Scheme) a big plus
- Solid experience working the entire web application life cycle (design, development, testing, implementation)
- Experience with clustering/caching, threading and performance issues
- Strong command of web standards and best practices
- Work in a mixed OS environment that includes Mac OS X, Linux (RHEL), and some Windows
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are imperative
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Experience with international business and/or working with people of various nationalities, knowledge of foreign languages, in particular Italian, a plus
- Experience as manager of a small team is a plus
- Experience with online video delivery is a plus
We offer competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes health insurance and stock options. The office is located in Seattle, WA near Pioneer Square.
Please email email@example.com if interested.
Campaign Manager Intern
Our Campaign Managers work closely with the Marketing and Project Management teams to support their assigned campaign.
Typical duties include:
- Developing the campaign marketing strategy and executing outbound promotional activities
- Raise awareness and drive participation though social media initiatives
- Fostering relationships with influencers like bloggers, Community Managers and celebrities
- Tracking your own progress and delivering weekly summaries and work plans on how to reach goals
- Reviewing and moderating incoming creative submissions for quality and content
- People that excel at this role are very organized, communicate effectively and are great self-managers. Campaign Managers gain experience in marketing management, and in social media marketing.
Campaign Managers are expected to work 20-30 hours a week on-site in downtown Seattle. The Campaign Manager Internship is an unpaid position.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.