Last Updated: October 15, 2012
The Website intended for people 14 years of age and over. Our email address and contact forms are not for use by those under the age of 14. By utilizing our contact form(s) you certify that you are at least 14 years of age or older. Please do not contact or email us if you are under the age of 14 unless you have emailed us the Parental Notice and Consent Form, completed and signed by your parents.
Information we collect about you
In General.We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through the Website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information You Provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on the Website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. We also collection information when you register to use services by logging into an account that you already have with certain third-party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn). For example, the Website allows you to create an account and login to your account using your Facebook account credentials. The information we collect may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS, so please consult the SNS’ privacy and data practices.
- Information From Other Sources. We may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected.
- Information About Others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address. For example, if you provide information about others that appear in your content submissions, we may collect and store that information.
- Information Collected Automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit the Website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies And Use Of Cookie Data. When you visit the Website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on the Website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Website. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
- Information Collected By Third-Parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- verify your eligibility to use the Website and our services;
- deliver services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about our products or services that may be of interest to you;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With whom we share your information
Personal Information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Competition Sponsors: We may share your personal information with the sponsor of a competition for which you have submitted any content or entry.
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, member screenings, supporting the Website functionality, and other features offered through the Website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Social Networking Sites. We may share the information in your account (including your personal information) with the SNSs that you have linked to your account. These third parties have access to your personal information only for this purpose (unless the SNS has received your personal information independently of our services) and not for other purposes.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated And Non-Personal Information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on the Website.
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings.
- You may manage your marketing preferences by contacting us at the address provided below.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
We do not solicit children to purchase our services. We restrict the use of our service to individuals age 14 and above. The Website is not designed to attract children under the age of 13 and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
Visiting the Website from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
911 Western Avenue, Suite 523
Seattle, WA 98104
You may access and modify your information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical.