The goal is to show how an innovative product can help us conquer the daily challenges of urban life, while maintaining a strong focus on the personal experiences of one individual.
Find an innovation that makes a difference in one of the areas urban transportation, waste management, sustainable communities, city infrastructure, or energy efficient lifestyle. The invention could be as simple as:
- a bicycle holder on the outside of a light rail vehicle,
- a solar powered window socket that allows you to charge any small electrical device,
- public mini-libraries inside of tree trunks or bus stops that enable people to discover and share books for free,
- a fuel-free solar grill,
- a bag that promotes re-use of items instead of throwing them away,
- SeedTabs – a way of encouraging people to easily plant seeds everywhere in the city.
Your film shouldn’t be a product presentation though – Siemens is interested in human, authentic films that tell a story from a very personal point of view. That is why your story has to include a human hero: This person can be anybody who benefits from the invention, or even the inventor himself.
In its last two contests on Zooppa, you showed Siemens how ideas like urban farming, biking to work or utilizing renewable energy can have an impact on the quality of life in cities. This time, Siemens is not looking for general approaches but instead would like to see more tangible and specific solutions that are already in use – things that are unexpected, surprising, and effective!
For further details and requirements, please see our “Rules” tab.