Members should not use any third party content (e.g. stock photography/video, animation, or other templated content) unless permitted by the Creative Brief. Stock music is allowed only with authentic proof of purchase and a valid audio license.
The Detroit Lions and Bombo Sports & Entertainment have partnered to create the world’s first ‘social’ sports documentary. The Season of Your Life combines the award-winning cinematography of NFL Films and behind the-scenes team access, with user-generated footage and the storytelling power of Bombo Sports & Entertainment, to capture not just the story of the 2012 Detroit Lions season, but the experience of being a Lions fan.
The television landscape is littered with pre-game and halftime pieces about crazy fans, and broadcasts are peppered with shots of the most animated. The Season of Your Life: The Detroit Lions Movie goes far beyond this to create a film not about the Lions and their fans, but ‘of’ them. More than that, it is as much an event as it is a film.
Create a 1-4-minute video capturing the experience of being a Lions fan. Go beyond the face paint and guttural yells to develop a character and portray, explain or understand their passion for the Lions.
1) Roots – How and when did you become a Lions fan? Why do you stay a Lions fan? Who has impacted your fandom the most? Who do you affect the most? (emotional touchstones and tributes to family and loved ones)
2) Rules and Rituals – How do you root for the Lions? (I watch alone, I watch with friends, at home at a bar, at Ford Field, I travel, I cook, I wear my lucky sox, I always…I never…)
3) I Gotta Be Me (wardrobe, body art, what makes you unique from other Lions fans)
4) Thanksgiving Day (your personal history and memories of the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. A Lions Christmas past and present(s))
5) Catharsis (Capture the highs and/or lows of Lions fandom. How high is high? How low is low?)
The submissions will all look very different but the best will all have one critical element in common; they will be authentic, real, passionate and honest.
Character is more important than aesthetics. Passion is more important than production value. Because the footage will be cut together, please do not add background music to your submissions.
- Video must be from 1-4 minutes and must treat one of the themes. Submit separate entries for each theme if you like. Each entry has a 4-minute limit. You can use the same fan(s) for each theme or different fans for each. There awards for each of the themes.
- All music, images, video footage and other content must be either originally produced by the filmmaker submitting the video, or proper permissions must be authorized by the copyright owner. Proper permissions must include the right for the filmmaker to use the content commercially. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the filmmaker to ensure that all permissions are in place for use of actors' likenesses.
- Because "The Season of Your Life" is produced in association with The Detroit Lions, use of NFL marks and likenesses is acceptable. If you have questions about NFL usage, please head to the forums, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are awards for each of the 5 categories,(Roots, Rules & Rituals, I Gotta Be Me, Thanksgiving Day, and Catharsis,) and you are encouraged to submit content for all five.
All material submitted becomes the sole property of Bombo Sports & Entertainment and will not be returned. Bombo Sports & Entertainment reserves the right to (a) reproduce/distribute all entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity, (b) alter, amend, edit or change entries prior to distribution and (c) use, distribute, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright entries for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants do not retain any ownership of or copyright in any Contest submissions. Bombo Sports & Entertainment and Zooppa are not under any obligation to use submitted content. You may not resubmit content that was not chosen for an award for another use, brand, or contest.
Information disclosed here is not submitted in confidence and Bombo Sports & Entertainment assumes no obligation by considering it. You understand and agree that Bombo Sports & Entertainment has many resources, both internal and external, which may have developed or may develop information identical or similar to that disclosed to us here. All comments, offers, suggestions, ideas, recipes, concepts, artwork or other information ("Submissions") disclosed to us using this site or in response to solicitations on this site are the property of Bombo Sports & Entertainment, including its business units, divisions and wholly-owned subsidiaries. Without limitation, Bombo Sports & Entertainment shall exclusively own all rights, known or hereafter existing, to the Submissions and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of same for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the submitter. Bombo Sports & Entertainment will accept Submissions only on these terms.
Special Terms & Conditions
For the avoidance of doubt, Bombo will own and retain all rights in perpetuity, in all media, in all Entries received during the Competiton.